Curried carrot salad with quinoa and plain yogurt
This was adapted from a recipe originally published in Bon Appétit and which I came across in one of my favourite food blogs. The original recipe uses carrots only but since I wanted to make it into a meal in a bowl, I decided to add some quinoa. So this is my version:
* 1 cup plain yogurt
* 2 large green onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (I probably used closer to 1/4 cup)
* juice of 1 lemon
* 3/4 to 1 teaspoon curry powder (I used closer 2 tsp)
* 4-5 small carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
* 1/4 cup dried currants
* 1 cup quinoa (I used half red and half white quinoa)
Cook the quinoa in 2 1/2 cups of water, set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, grate the carrots, mix the first five ingredients, and once the quinoa is cool enough, mix everything in a bowl and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
Note: it yields enough salad for 4-6 people